Tuesday, May 8, 2018

What advances also retreats



We watched the advance and then I thought to grab my camera.
Nearer and closer.

Eyeballs on the impending introduction.

These ladies were curiously calm about the intruder.


Emily, Jane and I wished the snake could read and we had posted a Trespassers Beware sign.  We now have some trepidation about gathering eggs.

  Instead we watched the uninvited one slither about our hens' feet and then exit on the right.
Fritz took my camera from me and captured this sickening image of the snake climbing up a tree three feet from the coop.

My name is woman and I hate snakes.   The curse of sin must have changed our preferences, because no woman in her right mind would hold conversation with a snake.  Eve, shame on you.


The moral of the tale is that what advances also retreats.

1 comment:

  1. Yuk! Is he eyeing the chickens? Good news: Greater is he that is in us than He that is in the world.

    ReplyDelete