Tuesday, March 7, 2017

The Passport Photo


We had a strange encounter with the ladies behind the counter at the passport office.   They looked at this photo and felt Teddy's eyes were too shut and his smile was not natural.  Good grief. I wasn't about to remain silent. "Have you looked at my son?  Did you notice he is Asian?  His eyes were made like that and his smile looks pretty natural to me."
  They told me he needed to open his eyes more and I bluntly replied, "That's easy for a Caucasian to say."

Here is a photo comparison to show just how natural Teddy is in the above picture.
A wide-eyed Teddy is completely unrecognizable.


The Teddy I know has lovely Asian eyes that crinkle shut when he smiles.


1 comment:

  1. What a handsome boy!!!! Love the passport photo! This post gave M and I a good laugh several times last night!

    ReplyDelete